Reasons To Buy A Smartwatch For Those On The Go – A smartwatch is a computerized wristwatch with functionality that goes beyond timekeeping.
While early divisions can perform basic tasks, such as calculations, translations, and game-playing, 2019’s smartwatches are effectively wearable computers.
Many run mobile apps, using a mobile operating modus operandi.
Some smartwatches function as portable media players, with FM radio and playback of digital audio and video files via a Bluetooth or USB headset.
Some smartwatches also called ‘watch phones’, feature full mobile capability, and can make or answer approach calls or text messages.
Note: There are a few affiliate links sprinkled throughout this article. If you click on the links or pictures and purchase an item, I receive a small commission from the advertiser at no extra cost to you. I will likely invest the money funding my movie projects or pizza. It will most likely be spent on pizza.
Why You Should Buy A Smartwatch For Those On The Go
While internal hardware varies, most have an electronic visual display, either backlit LCD or OLED.
Some use transflective or electronic paper, to consume less power. Most have a rechargeable battery and many have a touchscreen.
Peripheral devices may include digital cameras, thermometers, accelerometers, altimeters, barometers, compasses, GPS receivers, tiny speakers, and SD card (that are recognized as a storage device by a computer).
Software may include digital maps, schedulers, and personal organizers, calculators, and various kinds of watch faces.
The watch may communicate with external devices such as sensors, wireless headsets, or a heads-up display.
Like other computers, a smartwatch may collect information from internal or external sensors and it may control, or retrieve data from, other instruments or computers.
It may support wireless technologies like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS. For many purposes, a “wristwatch computer” serves as a front end for a remote system such as a smartphone, communicating with the smartphone using various wireless technologies.
Smartwatches are advancing, especially their design, battery capacity, and health-related applications.
Computer On The Fly
Smartwatches benefit: Many smartwatch models manufactured in the 2010s are completely functional as standalone products. Some serve as sport watches, the GPS tracking unit being used to record historical data.
For example, after a workout, data can be uploaded onto a computer or online to create a log of activities for analysis or sharing.
Some watches can serve as full GPS watches, displaying maps and current coordinates, and recording tracks.
Users can “mark” their current location and then edit the entry’s name and coordinates, which enables navigation to those new coordinates.
As companies add competitive products into the market, media space is becoming a desired commodity on smartwatches.
Ads Could Be Coming
With Apple, Sony, Samsung, and Motorola introducing their smart watch models, 15% of tech consumers use wearable technologies.
This is a dense market of tech consumers who possess buying power, which has attracted many advertisers.
It is expected for mobile advertising on wearable devices to increase heavily by 2017 as advanced hypertargeting modules are introduced to the devices.
In order for an advertisement to be effective on a smart watch, companies have stated that the ad must be able to create experiences native to the smart watch itself.
Sports & Outdoors
“Sport watch” functionality often includes activity tracker features as seen in GPS watches made for training, diving, and outdoor sports.
Functions may include training programs (such as intervals), lap times, speed display, GPS tracking unit, Route tracking, dive computer, heart rate monitor compatibility, Cadence sensor compatibility, and compatibility with sport transitions (as in triathlons).
Other watches can cooperate with an app in a smartphone to carry out their functions.
They may be little more than timepieces unless they are paired, usually by Bluetooth, with a mobile phone.
Some of these only work with a phone that runs the same mobile operating system; others use a unique watch OS, or otherwise are able to work with most smartphones.
Paired, the watch may function as a remote to the phone. This allows the watch to display data such as calls, SMS messages, emails, and calendar invites, and any data that may be made available by relevant phone apps.
Some fitness tracker watches give users reports on the number of kilometers they walked, hours of sleep, and so on.
Great Smartwatches On The Market Today
Smartwatches are a mainstream tech category now, and with 35 million anticipated to be bought by the end of 2019, there are many contenders for the crown of the unsurpassed smartwatch.
With forceful options from Apple, Fitbit, Samsung, Fossil, Tag Heuer, Garmin, Huawei, and LG, choosing the right one is tougher than ever.
Apple Watch Series 4
Smartwatches for iphone – Introducing Apple Watch Series 4. Fundamentally redesigned and reengineered to help you stay even more active, healthy, and connected.
The largest Apple Watch display yet. Built-in electrical heart sensor. New Digital Crown with haptic feedback. Low and high heart rate notifications. Fall detection and Emergency SOS.
- Electrical and optical heart sensors
- Automatic workout detection
- New yoga and hiking workouts
- Personalized coaching
- Use Walkie-Talkie, make phone calls, and send messages
- Stream Apple Music and Apple Podcast
Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Live a stronger, smarter life with Galaxy Watch at your wrist Rest well and stay active with built-in health tracking and a Bluetooth connection that keeps everything at your wrist Plus, go for days without charging. One of the best smartwatches compatible with android.
- Go nonstop for days on a single charge. The wireless charger lets you power up without slowing down. (Average expected performance based on typical use. Results may vary.)
- Available in two sizes and three colors, the Galaxy Watch offers stylish watch faces so realistic they hardly look digital. Plus, choose from a collection of interchangeable bands
- Pairs with both Android and iOS smartphones via Bluetooth connection
- Android Wear 2.0. Get your favorite apps and watch faces. Request a car ride. Perfect your golf swing. Explore a new neighborhood. With thousands of Android Wear apps, there’s no limit to what you can do with your Ticwatch E. Best smartwatch for android
- Follow your fitness.Track walks, runs, rides, heart rate and strength training with Google Fit and your favorite fitness apps. Get coaching, measure your heart rate, and even stream music, right from your wrist.
- Your personal voice assistant. Meet Your Google Assistant. Bring Google Assistant to your wrist. Find answers and get things done even when your hands are full. Reply to a friend that you’re running late, remind yourself to call mom, or ask for directions. Just hold the power button or say “Ok Google”.Phone calls only compatible for android device now.
- If you meet abnormal battery capacity, like sudden drop or short battery life etc. It is not the quality issue. Please charge the watch more 2hrs before you start to use it. And use the watch till battery empty and charge it up to full for 1-3cycles, the battery capacity indicator will be on right status.
Michael Kors Access Unisex
- Smartphone notifications & Touchscreen functionality; Activity & custom goal tracking; Customizable faces, bands, & music controls. Best smartwatch for android
- Band & Case Material: Stainless Steel; Case Color: Gold-tone; Band Color : Gold-Tone with Tortoise Acetate center links ; Case Size: 44 mm; Case Thickness: 9 mm; Band size: 22 mm; Water Resistance: IP67
- Battery Life: Estimated 24 hours based on usage
- Powered with Wear OS by Google, a trademark of Google LLC. Compatible with Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go) and iOS 9.3+. All devices have Bluetooth(R) 4.1 Low Energy and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Fitbit Versa Smart Watch
- Track your all-day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages — all with a 4+ day battery life (varies with use and other factors)
- Take your favorite music phone-free by storing 300+ songs or downloading stations from Pandora or playlists from Deezer
- Use 15+ exercise modes like Run or Swim (Fitbit Versa is water-resistant to 50 meters) to record workouts and connect to smartphone GPS for more precise real-time pace & distance
- Easily fit in workouts with personalized on-screen coaching that play on your wrist and coach you through each move
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and get call, calendar, text, and app alerts. Send quick replies to messages (Android only)
Smartwatch GARMIN Vivoactive 3
Smartwatches for android – If you’re passionate about IT and electronics, like being up to date on technology and don’t miss even the slightest details, buy Smartwatch GARMIN Vivoactive 3 1,2″ GPS Waterproof 5 ATM Glonass Black Stainless steel at an unbeatable price.
Fossil Women’s Gen 4 Venture
- Heart rate tracking, Google Pay(TM), GPS, rapid charging, smartphone notifications, touchscreen functionality, Google Assistant, microphone, music storage & controls, customizable watch faces, custom goal & alarm settings, multiple time zones
- Swimproof; estimated 24 hour battery life, based on usage; rapid charger included; additional third party apps available through Google Play Store on your watch. Best smartwatch for android
- Case size: 40mm; Band size: 18mm; imported
- Stainless steel case with rose gold-tone top ring; grey leather band with buckle closure; interchangeable with all Fossil 18mm bands
- Powered with Wear OS by Google; compatible with Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go edition) and iOS 9.3+ smartphones; Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; supported features may vary between platforms
If you liked this post click on the links below for more, or please tweet, pin, and share.
You can comment below with your stories and memories, as we would love to hear about them.
If you are a travel brand who would like to find out how to work with Trent, contact him here.